Experienced Injury Attorney in Virginia
Michael A. Kernbach
Virginia injury lawyer Michael A. Kernbach dedicates the wisdom and skill gained during his more than 25 years of experience to negotiating and litigating for his clients’ rightful compensation. Michael started his extensive career as a federal prosecutor with a commitment to give a voice to individuals who could not speak for themselves. He has carried this mission of advocacy into his personal injury practice, representing people who have been hurt because of auto accidents, commercial trucking crashes, motorcycle wrecks, medical malpractice, workplace injuries and criminal negligence.
Most recently, Michael's commitment to victims' rights led him to prosecute Virginia Tech for failing to warn its students during the 2005 shooting incident. He proved that the university was negligent in warning students of the danger facing them that day and won two victims' families a significant settlement in their wrongful death case.
As a former Miami police officer, Michael often witnessed the devastating consequences of an injury on the health, families and careers of his dedicated colleagues. Having been both a police officer and a lawyer, Michael understands the importance of seeking the advice of a personal injury attorney after an injury. He continues to represent law enforcement, fire fighters and other first responders who have sustained serious injuries while serving their communities.
Michael has represented clients across the country and abroad, and he regularly consults with other lawyers throughout the United States. He accepts referrals from other lawyers seeking experienced Virginia injury attorneys for their clients.
- Florida, 1982
- District of Columbia, 1983
- New York, 1984
- Virginia, 1986
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia, 2002
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Virginia, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1986
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1981
- University of Miami, B.A., cum laude, 1978
Associations and memberships
- Fairfax Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
Honors and awards
- American Jurisprudence Award for Labor Law
Contact a personal injury attorney in Virginia you can rely on
The Law Offices of Michael A. Kernbach, P.C. are located in Roanoke and Manassas, Va., and represent clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
Call Virginia personal injury attorney Michael A. Kernbach at 571.292.9046 or contact the firm online to schedule your free consultation.